Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Our Software, Control and Calibration group is responsible for the specification, implementation, and validation of complex control systems for a wide range of complex, clean propulsion, and energy systems, including: xEV powertrains, power electronics, motors and drives, engines, transmissions, battery management systems, advanced thermal systems, and fuel cell systems.
Our support to customers covers the full spectrum of control development, from core algorithm development, through to fully validated production control software (including ASIL rated software).
We are seeking an experienced Senior Control Engineer to deliver on-going client projects.
To deliver client projects as part of a team you will be responsible for:
• Technical development of control solutions, covering requirements specification, algorithm development, implementation, calibration and validation.
• Development of Model-in-Loop and Hardware-in-Loop facilities to support control development
• Control strategy development on rigs/ testbeds, and on-vehicle
• Technical analysis to achieve tasks with sound evidence base
• Delivering assigned tasks to time, cost and quality on customer projects
• Interfacing directly with clients on technical issues
• Liaising with wider team members to organise and deliver project activities as required
• Reporting of technical status internally and to customers
• Supervision of junior team members on assign tasks.
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
You will have a sound automotive engineering background, and several years of experience in successfully delivering projects in controls either in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity:
• Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g., electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, computer science, software engineering, maths, control engineering)
• Technical experience in control systems for relevant applications, such as: xEV powertrains, power electronics, motors and drives, engines, transmissions, battery management systems, advanced thermal systems, fuel cell systems, OBD, etc.
• Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
• Fluent in a model-based development languages, especially Matlab/Simulink
• Advanced level of English (Czech is not requirement)
• Advanced control methodologies (e.g., Model Predictive Control, Optimal Control, Reference Governor control, Kalman Filters, etc.)
• Systems engineering
• Functional safety