AIM Group International, leader in professional event management is currently searching for a Senior Project Manager for our International Congress Division
As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the development & production of international live communication events, projects, and campaigns. You will work closely with the Area Manager of the Congress Department and the existing Congress team as well as with accounting, financial and IT specialists.
Your primary role will be to manage a small number of association / corporate / institutional congresses from conception to conclusion, assuming ultimate responsibility for delivering operational excellence, accurate budget control and reporting. You will play a key role in handling congress logistics and vendor management to support client objectives, build brand awareness and enhance market positioning.
The successful candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of the MICE industry and will ideally have worked in a Project Manager position for a PCO / DMC in the past.
• Hands- on planning and management of projects (domestic and international) including quality and budgetary control to support client goals & objectives
• Sponsorship & Exhibition Sales and Management
• Management & co-ordination of social events
• Management of project teams throughout the event lifecycle
• On-site event management
• Handling incoming inquiries and assisting in the preparation of appropriate proposals
Communication & Relationship Management
• Regular communication with clients to maintain understanding of ongoing requirements, monitor satisfaction and identify any corrective measures required
• Co-ordination of the project team to ensure delivery that the event is delivered on time and within budget
• Maintaining enthusiasm and professional standards within the event/project teams
• Monitoring event budgets and provision of forecast and status updates
• Efficient administration and reconciliation (operational, financial - internal & external) of all projects handled by project teams
• Cash flow management, supplier negotiation (prices, payments, cancellation and upgrade policy), site visits, supplier presentations where appropriate
You can transform a strategic concept into an event/campaign and are happy to work independently or as part of a team to deliver and produce different events, projects and campaigns. You take personal responsibility for the projects on which you’re working, are prepared to work with minimal supervision and are willing to travel internationally and to work at weekends/evenings during peak periods.
• strong organisational, analytical and time management skills and an excellent eye for detail
• the ability to take decisions and prioritize tasks, and to remain calm under pressure
• proven experience in advanced budget monitoring management
• people management skills, and are comfortable managing a team pre-event and on site
Skillset & Experience
• At least 5 years of professional experience in the MICE industry plus a proven track record of delivering small and large-scale projects in a service environment
• Preference will be given to candidates with an educational background related to tourism and event management, hospitality management, business studies and/or marketing.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Additional languages will be considered an advantage
• Familiarity with the organisation of physical, virtual and hybrid events and understanding of their different formats and technical requirements
• Experience in working with digital platforms and knowledge of their key features
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience of congress registration software will be considered an advantage
• Understanding of social media management
• Excellent knowledge of the local destination and relevant suppliers; good knowledge of international destinations, hotels and venues
AIM Group International is a global event management company, headquartered in Milan, Italy, with over 60 years of experience and 17 worldwide offices. We design and deliver meetings, corporate travel and destination management services. For associations, we manage and grow membership as well as design and organize congresses. Ours is a collaborative culture that values commitment, flexibility and customer care. We are a team of over 300 people worldwide, with a rich variety of backgrounds and experience who work collaboratively in support of our clients’ missions and benefit from each other’s knowledge and passion for the industry.
More information: https://www.aimgroupinternational.com/
If you share our values, we offer the opportunity for a rewarding career, including
• The opportunity to work in an informal and energetic environment
• Flexible working hours, possibility to work from home ocassionaly
• 25 days holiday per year
• Continuous learning through our in-house training program and participation at MICE events
If you share our values and would like to join our team, please send your CV and accompanying motivation to Mrs Elena Alexandrová: firstname.lastname@example.org .